A storied history
Built on the love of a town
The Hamburg Fire Department is a volunteer organization with 26 active members and 4 rescue reserves. We provide fire, rescue, E.M.S., hazardous materials, weather related responses, and specialized response service to the City of Hamburg and to the Townships of Young America and Washington Lake which covers 26 square miles and a population over 1150 people.
The department is equipped with the most current firefighting equipment and continues to upgrade as technology continues to advance. In addition to the fire department, Hamburg hosts an excellent first responder squad which consists of several community members.
A town worthy to protect
Why we live and love Hamburg
Hamburg was named for the great German city and port of Hamburg, on the River Elbe. It was incorporated as a village on May 1, 1883; the post office was spelled Hamburgh from 1881 to 1892, at which time it changed to the present spelling. The village had a sawmill, two creameries, a grain elevator, and a station of the Chicago and North Western Railroad.
A big thank you to all the fire dept for helping out tonight with our tractor/wagon accident in Hamburg. Everyone was awesome! No way we could have done it on our own.